The best in Luxury and Culture
The Road to Hana leads through the pristine jungles of East Maui filled with verdant rainforest and freshwater streams running through the mountains to the sea. See a sequence of remote valleys connected by waterfalls and lined with black sand beaches formed by the lava rock coastlines. See ancient taro patches, sample local delicacies at tropical fruit stands and enjoy the beautiful coastlines of windward Maui. Enjoy the rainforest thoroughly with expert chauffeur guides.
Luxury Hana Trip
Enjoy the early morning hours in the heart of Maui’s North Shore. Sight surfers enjoying the ocean from Hookipa Beach Lookout. Numerous stops along the way with highlights of Keanae Peninsula, Puaakaa waterfall and the black sand beach at Wai’anapanapa Park. Enjoy freshly baked banana bread at Aunty Sandy’s fruit stand while taking in the remote coastline view. Enjoy lunch in the open-air dining room at the Travaasa Hana Hotel. Take in waterfalls, pristine valleys, and spectacular seascapes. Opportunity for swimming and short walks by various looping trails. Depending on the tour you will either turn back and see the Road from both sides or continue around the mountain through the rural Kipahulu and Kaupo and see the Maui Winery in Ulupalakua, Upcountry before returning to your resort.
- You’ll be picked up at your hotel by your expert guide and driver, waiting with a smile, and you’ll travel in a luxury Mercedes-Benz Sprinter, with leather captain chairs, wood-paneled floors, personal refrigerators, USB outlets and more – with all the five-star amenities, there is no other tour vehicle like this on Maui!
- Eat in style - no boxed lunches here! Breakfast is served at Charley’s Restaurant in Pa’ia and you’ll enjoy a gourmet lunch in the Travaasa Hana Hotel’s open-air dining room with unobstructed views of Hana Bay.
- Enjoy ice-cold refreshments and snacks along the Road to Hana.
- Make stops that other tours miss, seeing more, and learning more thanks to our expert travel guides.
- Visit the remote Keanae Peninsula, the Hanawi waterfall, and the black sand beach at Waianapanapa, with opportunities to hike and swim. Best of all, you’ll travel and explore at your own pace, at each stop and destination.
- Finally, you’ll stop at Hookipa beach. It’s a gentle transition back to civilization, before returning to your hotel.
- Resort pick-up
- Chauffeured guide service, full day tour
- Breakfast and lunch
- Vehicles come with a compartment of ice-cold bottled water
- Light snacks
- Chilled hand towels
- Beach towels
- Other road trip amenities including all-natural bug spray and reef safe sunscreen
- 15% gratuity for entire service staff
- 5% community give-back component. Custom Programs, Activities and Amenity products include a 70% local give-back component that directly supports Maui island businesses, ranches, agricultural farms and community organizations.